YouTube video marketing is one of the most often overlooked avenues of social media marketing for businesses. Understandably so, since it takes a lot of work and a bigger budget to accomplish this internet marketing strategy. Businesses need a video production team, either in house or hired, in order to pull off YouTube as a viable marketing strategy.
If there is room in the budget, YouTube can completely transform your business. Creating engaging, entertaining, or educational videos will be favored by your customers and can do a great job of allowing you to gain new customers.
Take the company Blendtec, for example. They took advantage of YouTube in its early stages before social media marketing was even a thing. They uploaded videos of a “Blending Expert” putting various products into one of their blenders. This man blended everything, from iPods, golf balls, cassette tapes, lighters, toy cars, and more. The videos demonstrated the blender’s awesome capability to blend the toughest objects without much effort and no damage to the blender.
Incorporating this kind of visual content is important to your marketing strategy. Videos can be uploaded to a company YouTube, which customers can subscribe to. The videos can also be shared on all of the company’s social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
The benefits of video marketing speak for itself:
- 90% of all information transmitted to the brain is visual-based
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text
- People remember only 20% of what they read
- 40% of people respond better to visual information
- 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute
- Video links on social media websites are shared twelve times more than plain link and text posts combined
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages that have videos
- Posts with video links attract three times the amount of inbound links than plain text posts
- 70% of search results are videos
- 88% of businesses say videos embedded in emails improve their campaign results
- 76% of businesses say video emails have high click through rates
- 72% of businesses say prospective clients are more likely to buy their product or service after viewing video content
- 58% of B2B marketers believe that video marketing is extremely effective
To see the best results on a YouTube video marketing campaign, you will need to follow these ten tips to get the best engagement, brand reach, brand awareness, and lead generation.
- Title and tag videos with SEO keywords.
- Educational titles are better than promotional titles.
- Submit a video site map to search engines.
- Embed a video on the website’s homepage that represents the company in general. Make the SEO keywords in the video the same as the home page’s keywords.
- Create playlists of similar content videos. Consider having different categories of videos you upload, such as How-To, Product Review, and Fun Videos.
- Keep the videos short or break longer video ideas into a series. 2-4 minutes is the best video length.
- Do not be too promotional. See Blendtec or Old Spice videos for guidance.
- Encourage audience ideas by actively responding to and reviewing comments.
- Show off the personality of the brand, like Blendtec and Old Spice do.
- Add calls to action to go to the website or other sites that are specifically chosen by the business. The landing page they are sent to should be set up to capture viewer information.
In your opinion, which brand does the best job of YouTube marketing? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @HS_Writing!