Blogging is an important and relevant part of a social media marketing plan. While the height of blogging popularity peaked in the 90s and early 2000s, today companies use blogs to keep their customers informed of their brand and to post informative content. Using blog marketing to your advantage will help customers trust and your brand value.
Successful blogging accomplishes four things – drives traffic to a business website, increases SEO, makes your brand an industry leader, and develops better customer relationships. The numbers prove the success of well-done blogs.
- 61 percent of people make purchases based on blog recommendations.
- Millions of people publish and share blogs on social media websites for further brand awareness.
- Fresh content beats all other forms of content in search engine results.
Blogs give companies the opportunity to create relevant and current content for their website. As people find your blogs and share them, traffic will increase. Blog posts that are well written and knowledgeable make the customer trust the company, eventually allowing it to be an industry leader. Customers get the opportunity to see the human side of the company, allowing them to connect with the brand and remain loyal to it. Successful blogging incorporates all of these things:
- Combines self-expression and subtle promotion
- Becomes a networking tool
- Supplies a platform for raising awareness about social issues
- Gives businesses a side source of income
- Advertising is made easier for businesses with a blog
- Requires creative thinking and writing
- Combines promotion, marketing, social networking, and social skills
- Needs web design, photography, and other media to be successful
- Takes time, money, and education to start it and maintain it
- Writers with discipline, creativity, courage, goals, time management, and organizational skills
One of the biggest benefits of blogging for businesses is the fact that it is a landing page for all methods of social media and online marketing. Blogs can feature every social media platform the business uses, along with the website that lists their products or services.
Blogs allow businesses to give customers a full sense of who they are without the limitations that other social media sites present. Blogs do not limit businesses to a certain number of characters and do not require picture-only posts. The text focus gives businesses the chance to be human to their customers.
While blogging is not as popular as it used to be, it is still going to become a staple for the future of business. This is because it combines social skills, accessibility, textual content, user-friendly knowledge, and a standard for internet content.
- Social. Blogging is posting quality content to the internet which often gets shared on social media sites. There is also the ability to comment and for the blogger to respond to comments. This makes it the ultimate social networking tool.
- Accessible. Blogging does not require any formal writing experience, just a great knowledge of the niche the blog belongs to.
- Text. Focus is beginning to shift away from media-only and back to a base of text content. Blogs are mostly text with the ability to insert images and videos. This allows blogs to incorporate all trends of marketing.
- User-friendly. There are many great blogging platforms that make content very easy to customize, post, and share.
- Standard. Blogging is a staple that has been around for two decades. It will continue to be a staple and soon will become standard for any job seekers and all college students to maintain.
How big of an importance do you think businesses should place on blogging? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @HS_Writing!