The internet is an amazing tool that has made life easier and more accomplished in every way possible. However, it has also severely shortened the average user’s attention span. When you are trying to market your brand, this short attention span is the biggest hurdle you face. Statistically, you only have three seconds to grab the attention of an online audience. Many marketers are starting to focus on a visual content strategy to grab attention, but the YouTube video is still drastically under-used.
People love YouTube. Whether it is dogs and cats being adorable together or watching a fun video from a passionate creator explaining the healthcare law in layman’s terms, people love watching and sharing YouTube videos with their friends. Part of what makes YouTube videos a goldmine for your marketing strategy is the attention they require. For three minutes (the recommended time for videos to hold attention and get the message across perfectly), the viewer has to sit there and absorb your message.
They don’t get bored reading the first sentence of a blog post or article or click away if they don’t like your website design. As long as your video is high quality, professional, and fun, viewers will sit and watch the whole video. You have a better chance of getting your message across and a higher percentage of likes, comments, and shares with videos.
Still not convinced? Here are some stats that are hard to ignore about the benefit of videos to your marketing plan:
- 90% of information the brain transmits is visual. This is because visual content is processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text.
- People remember 20% of what they read.
- 40% of people respond better to visual information. This shows the importance of adding visual content (like videos) anywhere you can in your marketing strategy. It also means you cannot rely entirely on visuals since 60% of people still prefer to read articles on a subject.
- Videos are shared 12 times more than links and text posts combined.
- 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages that have videos.
- Social media posts with YouTube videos will attract three times more inbound links than text posts.
- 70% of search results are videos.
- 58% of B2B marketers believe videos are extremely effective.
- 88% of businesses show that videos embedded in emails improve their campaign performance.
- 76% of businesses say their emails have higher click through rates if there are videos embedded.
- 72% of businesses say that prospective clients are more likely to buy their product or invest in their service after viewing a video in email.
How good are you about using videos in your marketing campaign? Let me know in the comments!