B2B marketing can be very effective when businesses understand how different parts of the LinkedIn website work. If you are trying to start a successful B2B marketing plan on LinkedIn, you also need to see how each aspect of the website is used in the day time and at night.
Personal Profile: Shows a person’s business credentials.
- During the day: used to gather insights on prospects
- During the evening: used to qualify potential candidates
Recommendations: Provides insight on individuals that reflect on an organization.
- During the day: used to qualify potential business prospects and gather insights about a company.
- During the evening: used for pursuing additional research on job candidate seekers.
Status Updates: People or businesses post insightful comments.
- During the day: used to give insight into your organization’s capabilities, goals, and internal culture.
- During the evening: used to give insight into prospective opening opportunities and qualification needs.
Links: Share useful content to a wide audience.
- During the day: used as a source of business information to attract connections.
- During the evening: used to show interest and knowledge of a field.
Question and Answers: Collects input or gives answers to questions related to a certain field.
- During the day: used to share information to position individuals or organizations as thought leaders.
- During the evening: used to position yourself as an expert and is a medium to display knowledge.
Groups: Extends the reach and connections of people who are active in groups or who start groups.
- During the day: used to increase reach and expand knowledge of participants.
- During the evening: used to expand a circle of contacts.
Company Pages: Shows off an organization.
- During the day: used to provide evidence to help qualify employees and companies in business interactions.
- During the evening: used to give background data on an organization.
Advertising: Extends reach with targeted ad.
- During the day: used to enable organizations to target specific other organizations or individuals based on a range of segmentation options.
- During the evening: used to target messages to specific types of job candidates with the right skills.
In Part 1, we covered stats of how people use B2B LinkedIn day and night. Don’t forget to check it out! In the meantime, let me know when you usually use LinkedIn for B2B marketing and which part of LinkedIn is most successful for your marketing strategy in the comments or on Twitter @HS_Writing!