For this week, I am going to give you some great infographics about every weekly subject that you can share with clients, coworkers, or just learn from yourself! The first one is about blogging stats and facts. For more amazing information, visit the article the infographic appeared on at Social Media Today!
Many companies want to know how to start a business blog because of the importance it plays in a marketing scheme. When you learn how to make a successful blog for your business, you can reap all huge benefits by increasing your brand awareness. Successful blogs are also a great source of revenue that can finance future marketing efforts.
Businesses who start a blog produce content on a regular basis, increasing their SEO rankings and spreading brand awareness. They also set up the business as an industry leader who is knowledgeable and genuine. As you are implementing a blog, make sure to keep certain tactics in mind.
- Stick to your market niche. If your business is in retail, keep all blog topics on retail. However, you do not want to make the blogs just general retail topics. While it does give you more ideas for content, there are hundreds of blogs about retail on the internet.
Focus on a specific aspect of your market niche, such as writing only about young men’s fashion. This topic is not general retail, but it is also not so specific that half of an audience does not find the information they need.
- Make content entertaining and easily readable. First and foremost, content needs to be conversational. Even if you write for a tech blog, write the posts using I, you, and we. Make jokes throughout, especially insider technology jokes that your readers will love. The posts you write need to be entertaining and personable with content that solves a problem for the reader or educates them.
Break up lengthy paragraphs with line breaks and make sure to divide the blog content up with subheadings, italics, bullet points, and photos. This diversity in content will make the blogs easy to read and appreciated by followers. Following these steps when you are crafting posts will help you build a loyal readership in no time.
- Focus on Google search rankings. This means utilizing correct SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. This requires correct keyword placement and research in order to see higher search engine rankings. There are many internet guides and books available to help you develop the best SEO practices, but there are a few easy things you can implement to get started.
Make page titles unique, accurate, and brief. They need to catch the attention of the reader so they click on it, but be short as well. A description meta tag should be used. Keep URLs short and easy to spell and remember. Use relevant and descriptive text for the anchor link. For example, instead of saying, “Click here,” type “learn about carpet installation” with the appropriate link. There needs to be an alt description for photos and the blog needs to be easy to navigate as well.
- Be social. Even when you have customized your blog and content to be Google-friendly, you cannot rely on just that to get readers. Share your posts through all of your social media accounts and interact with any responses to shares. You also have to be social and join in the blogging community. This can be accomplished many ways.
Link to your sources for the articles, and other blogs, throughout your post. Comment on these blogs saying you linked them in your post. Follow similar blogs in order to get noticed. Engage with commenters on your blog in order to keep them as loyal readers. Get to know them so they feel valued. Guest blog for others and invite people to guest blog for you.
- Keep length, consistency, and traffic in mind. Surprisingly, detailed blog posts are worth more on Google search rankings than shorter posts. On the first page of Google search results, each page has at least 2,000 words of content. However, do not fill up posts with fluff words to hit the 2,000 mark. All content needs to be useful and authentic.
Make sure to post new blogs consistently. If you start blogging three times a week, then you need to always blog three times a week and on the same days. The more you blog, the more your content will be viewed. It is very easy to get new traffic to your blog, but hard to keep people invested in visiting. This can be changed by building a community of followers. Respond to all emails and comments and get people involved by having them take surveys about what content they would like to see.
Social media is very popular for marketing right now. There is a lot of debate about which social media platform is the best to market one, but the debate overlooks the importance of blogs. Blogs allow a business to produce content that is worthwhile to their consumers. Your marketing strategies should incorporate blogging for business to get higher SEO ranks.
The numbers themselves speak for how important it is for a business to keep and maintain a blog that produces high quality and industry relevant content with proper SEO keyword placement.
- 88% of companies who blog get more leads every month than companies who do not.
- 55% of companies that blog will get more traffic to their website.
- 57% of companies that blog will most likely get a customer from their blog.
- 78% of companies that blog daily get customers strictly from their blog.
- 92% of companies that blog multiple times a day will receive the most new customers directly from their blog.
There are many free and popular blogger websites, such as WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, and TypePad. They let you create your own blog with various customizable options. Some blogs do a better job appearing in search results than others, do your research to find the hosting platform that is best for your company.
Whenever a business blogs, it allows them to get involved in their community, create great content that will be shared, and start conversations that are time relevant. Other social media platforms can be utilized to spread the blog to reach new audiences. There are three major benefits of blogging for business – thought leadership, SEO increase, and accumulate social media followings.
Whenever businesses take the initiative to spread valuable content about their niche to consumers, they slowly become the leaders in this train of thought. When you position yourself as an expert on the field, visitors understand your authority on the subject. All it takes is for you to be yourself and share the wealth of knowledge you have gained in the industry. Material for blog posts can contain frequently asked questions, opinions on issues in your field, and problems you solved at work that week.
New content gets way higher search engine rankings than static pages on your website. In order to get high SEO rankings, you need to know how to use SEO keywords properly. You can research this online, buy textbooks on the subject, or hire a company who specializes in SEO keywords. What is nice about SEO is, if you figure out how to do it right, then you don’t have to pay for Google AdWords or sponsored links to get more views on your blog. Instead, an SEO-optimized blog will get views, comments, and shares on its own. It takes some time for a blog to get popular, so be patient and use SEO keywords correctly.
Accumulate Social Media Followers
When you create a blog with high quality content, you need to share it on all social media sites you use. This provides your customers with value. Providing value in social media will help you accumulate more followers on these platforms. When you create your own content, you can integrate easily with your social media and people will share it to give more exposure to your website.
What are your favorite business blogs? Let me know in comments or on Twitter @HS_Writing!
Blogging is an important and relevant part of a social media marketing plan. While the height of blogging popularity peaked in the 90s and early 2000s, today companies use blogs to keep their customers informed of their brand and to post informative content. Using blog marketing to your advantage will help customers trust and your brand value.
Successful blogging accomplishes four things – drives traffic to a business website, increases SEO, makes your brand an industry leader, and develops better customer relationships. The numbers prove the success of well-done blogs.
- 61 percent of people make purchases based on blog recommendations.
- Millions of people publish and share blogs on social media websites for further brand awareness.
- Fresh content beats all other forms of content in search engine results.
Blogs give companies the opportunity to create relevant and current content for their website. As people find your blogs and share them, traffic will increase. Blog posts that are well written and knowledgeable make the customer trust the company, eventually allowing it to be an industry leader. Customers get the opportunity to see the human side of the company, allowing them to connect with the brand and remain loyal to it. Successful blogging incorporates all of these things:
- Combines self-expression and subtle promotion
- Becomes a networking tool
- Supplies a platform for raising awareness about social issues
- Gives businesses a side source of income
- Advertising is made easier for businesses with a blog
- Requires creative thinking and writing
- Combines promotion, marketing, social networking, and social skills
- Needs web design, photography, and other media to be successful
- Takes time, money, and education to start it and maintain it
- Writers with discipline, creativity, courage, goals, time management, and organizational skills
One of the biggest benefits of blogging for businesses is the fact that it is a landing page for all methods of social media and online marketing. Blogs can feature every social media platform the business uses, along with the website that lists their products or services.
Blogs allow businesses to give customers a full sense of who they are without the limitations that other social media sites present. Blogs do not limit businesses to a certain number of characters and do not require picture-only posts. The text focus gives businesses the chance to be human to their customers.
While blogging is not as popular as it used to be, it is still going to become a staple for the future of business. This is because it combines social skills, accessibility, textual content, user-friendly knowledge, and a standard for internet content.
- Social. Blogging is posting quality content to the internet which often gets shared on social media sites. There is also the ability to comment and for the blogger to respond to comments. This makes it the ultimate social networking tool.
- Accessible. Blogging does not require any formal writing experience, just a great knowledge of the niche the blog belongs to.
- Text. Focus is beginning to shift away from media-only and back to a base of text content. Blogs are mostly text with the ability to insert images and videos. This allows blogs to incorporate all trends of marketing.
- User-friendly. There are many great blogging platforms that make content very easy to customize, post, and share.
- Standard. Blogging is a staple that has been around for two decades. It will continue to be a staple and soon will become standard for any job seekers and all college students to maintain.
How big of an importance do you think businesses should place on blogging? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @HS_Writing!