I know, I am completely cheating. This is not a Twitter marketing advice post, but when you get tagged with the honor of a Liebster Award, how can you turn down a post all about it? Besides, I learned I was tagged on Twitter, so it kind of makes it a Twitter Tuesday post. Right? Right.
A Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers they follow or admire. It shows a blogger how much you appreciate their hard work and content and gives that blogger a chance to pass the love onto others in the community. I was nominated by Jess Wooldridge at 913 to 619. You should absolutely check out her excellent blog and follow her on Twitter for great links and discussion on social media marketing.
- You must link back to the person(s) who nominated you
- You must answer the questions given to you
- You must pick other bloggers to be nominated for the award
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must notify the nominees
- You must provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Why did you get into blogging?
I have always tried to start a blog to no avail. When I started to learn more about social media marketing, I learned A LOT about what I was going wrong blogging. I decided to use my knowledge to help others in a strictly social media marketing blog. And here we are!
- Coffee or Tea?
Coffee all the way. At home, I add French Vanilla creamer. When I work at Starbucks, it is either a Cinnamon Dulce Latte or (if it’s the season!) a Pumpkin Spice Latte. When I am working all day, I get a green tea at Starbucks later.
- If you found $100 would you spend it or save it?
Spend it! I am dying for a little shopping spree.
- What’s your favorite blog you follow?
It is a tie between Erica Rocco’s blog and Jessica Wooldridge’s blog. Proof that both WordPress and Blogger are excellent platforms!
- If you could change anything about your blog, what would it be?
I would make it a WordPress.org blog instead. To be honest, I just could not figure out how to set it up. WordPress.com was a whole lot easier. Yet when I work on other client’s WordPress.org blogs, there are so many more amazing SEO options that I wish I had.
- What’s your favorite social media site?
Why would you ask a social media marketer that question?! For personal use, it is a three-way tie between Facebook, Pinterest, and Tumblr. For clients, Pinterest. For my own self-marketing, Twitter.
- What’s your dream job?
Being a novelist. Close to my job now but a lot more creative and fun! However, I wouldn’t get to interact with all my lovely social media gurus on Twitter as often!
- What’s the best hashtag you’ve ever seen?
That is way, way too hard. Probably some fun one-hit-wonder hashtag from years ago.
- Where would you travel on your dream vaca?
Hawaii with my husband! I went on my own, but I really want him to go with me.
- Share a random fact about yourself
On top of the eleven random facts I have to do at the bottom? Here is one: I am not good at finding fun random things about myself.
- How did you get into your current occupation?
- What do you love most about your job?
- What do you hate most about your job?
- If there was one thing you could change about your life, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite smell in the world?
- Where is your favorite place you traveled to?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
- What is your favorite all-time movie?
- If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- The old fashioned desert island question – what are the three items you would take with you and why? Don’t choose survival items like water or lighter or inflatable raft. Pretend you have everything you need to survive.
And I Choose…
- Jess Leeman at All Things Social Media to get her back on the blogging track! I have missed her social media posts.
- Alicia Rades at The Writing Realm because she gives excellent freelance writing advice and has published blog posts about client management just because I asked for her opinion! She is awesome. You can see an author interview she did with me about my wedding planning eBook on her website here.
- Purely Social. They are an amazing social media resource and I want to know about the insanely smart writers behind their blog.
- Sally Ulianich at Sally U: Business, Marketing, Tech, and Social Media. I love reading her posts and want to know more about her!
- Erica Rocco at Simply Erica R even though she was already tagged once!
- Jessica Wooldridge at 913 to 619 because I want to see how she answers my questions (you can just comment your answers if you don’t want to write another blog post!)
So get blogging and don’t forget to Tweet me @HS_Writing when you finish your blog post! Oh, I almost forgot…
11 Random Facts About Myself
Blah this one is hard. But here it is:
- I am really bad at coming up with questions to ask other bloggers.
- I am terrified of snakes, but live in an area where I see two or three in my backyard often.
- I am so in love with dogs that I can’t watch commercials, cartoons, or movies with hurt or dead doggies. It breaks my heart. My own dog Charley is my child.
- Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.
- I can bake but not cook very well.
- I have been writing since I was 4 and wrote a story about a big fish I caught with my dad. I wonder if there is any symbolism there 😉
- I used to write Harry Potter fan fiction about the Marauder Era. Even though I don’t advertise I did that, I deeply think it helped my writing improve and recommend it to young aspiring writers.
- I collect pennies in a plastic “bottle” of Coke that goes up to my hip. I have been collecting my whole life and only have two inches filled. But one day it will be full!
- I still buy Lego sets and build them.
- My husband and I are very geeky and had a partly Star Wars themed wedding. Our cake toppers were Princess Leia and Han Solo action figured we got from Comic Con. Instead of a Dollar Dance, Darth Vader kidnapped me and help me for ransom. We also entered the reception hall to the Cantina Band song playing.
- My freelance writing specialty topics include social media marketing, digital and print marketing, infertility/fertility, weddings, dental offices, and more. Yes, they are a weird spread.